Cochlear Implants and NHS
This section on cochlear Implants will be edited by Nadia Giarbini MD, PhD and by Arthur Lorenz Eng. PhD .
Dr. Giarbini is an expert on Cochlear Implants and relative technologies in Italy . Has collaborated and participated to numerous projects of the MEDEL Research team . Currently she works at the Audiology clinic of the Merano hospital in Italy.
Dr. Lorenz is currently the Head of the Department of Auditory Implant and Perception of World hearing Center of the Institute of Physiology and Pathology of Hearing , Warsaw, Poland. His scientific experience is in the field of auditory implants, psychoacoustics and auditory perception modeling.
Arguments will include (but not limited to) :
1. Diagnostic Procedures after Neonatal Hearing Screening and Early Intervention Strategies.
2. The basics of Cochlear Implantation procedures and various video-sources.
3. Frequently asked questions about Cochlear Implants (courtesy of MEDEL)
4. Evaluating the effects of early intervention in EDHI programs.
5. Literature references (papers only) on Newborn Hearing Screening and CIs